Joshua 24:15

...choose you this day whom ye will serve...but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15

Monday, January 21, 2013

Far Above Rubies

This past summer I started a study of the Proverbs 31 woman. It has taken me a while to get through it, but I am working on it! As I read through the booklet and the scriptures God is so gracious to give me exactly what I need when I need it.

The study begins with a truth that hit me like a ton of bricks! It's not like I have never heard it before. It's just that sometimes it takes a while for the head knowledge to make it's way to the heart.

The truth is this: a woman's virtuousness does not depend on her personal achievements. 

We can be involved in many good things. Those good things may even be all the right things. We can serve our husbands and children willfully and faithfully. We can be in church every time the doors are open. We can cook meals for our friends and family in need. We can attend every Ladies' Meeting, banquet, fellowship, and Bible study. But NONE of those things contribute to our virtuousness.

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that  doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in the name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Matthew 7:21-23

"Wonderful works" will not grant any of us eternal life. A woman's virtuousness can be attributed to one thing only... the work which Jesus Christ has done in us! We cannot earn virtuousness. We cannot, on our own, obtain virtuousness by any means.

"Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:" Exodus 19:5


Courtesy of Photo Pin
If we have a personal relationship with Christ, if we know Him, if we have turned from our sin and have invited Him into our life, then, we meet the qualification of being "treasured far above rubies."

A woman's virtuousness comes from what Christ did on the cross for each of us, not by any good works we can accomplish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments...it's always good to hear from you!