Joshua 24:15

...choose you this day whom ye will serve...but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15

Friday, July 6, 2012

The Return of Homeschool Mom

Forget SUPERMOM...HELLO HOMESCHOOL MOM...again.

Five years ago we started our adventure as a homeschool family. I have to admit...I wasn't exactly thrilled about it. Our decision came as a result of living in an area with very few, affordable, high standard of conduct and dress Christian schools. After much prayer and deliberation the verdict was in...we were taking the plunge into unchartered territory...homeschool. I tried to embrace it...really I did! I even got excited from time to time. But in the depths of my soul was unrest, doubt, fear, and exhaustion!

After three years we decided to bite the bullet and drive the 100 mile daily journey to school. We enrolled the girls in Christian school. And yes, you read that correctly, 100 miles every day! Fast forward two years later...our finances and wear and tear on the van have forced us to take a second look at our decision to send our children to school. We prayed...and prayed...and prayed some more...our friends prayed...and the leading of the Holy Spirit could no longer be ignored. In reality, we didn't WANT to ignore Him. We had asked for direction and we were excited that the answer was SO clear!

So here we are...again! Except, this time, we have peace in our hearts that this is EXACTLY where God wants us to be - on so many levels and for so many different reasons. And this time I TRULY am embracing it! I am very excited about my second chance. I am very thankful for a God of second chances!!! His mercy and grace always amazes me!

We all have work stations, but we seem to be more productive
when we're together at the kitchen table! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Janet,
    My eyes are moist and there is a big lump in my throat...Yes! our Lord is a God of second chances. He will give you every ounce of strength and courage it takes as you go. I am praying for you and so thankful for his leading! I would love you to share this post up on the 'EOA' Wednesday link-up if you are willing and able (you'll need a picture). It WILL bless many readers. God's richest blessings as you go forward! May He be glorified in you all <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments...it's always good to hear from you!