Joshua 24:15

...choose you this day whom ye will serve...but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Somtimes Things Aren't What They Seem to Be

I was thinking today while I was cleaning that sometimes things aren't what they seem to be.

For example, sometimes I walk in to the girls' room and it's picked up so it passes as 'clean'. But then if you look under the beds, in the drawers or in the closet...well, not so clean anymore. Sometimes, food 'looks' tasty or smells 'good'. But, then you bite into it and...well, not so good.

Sometimes people are that way. Some people put on a front like everything is OK. Nothing seems to bother them or affect them. But, inside they're hurting. Sometimes, people are really kind and generous...to your face. But as soon as you turn your back...eek! Watch out! Sometimes people seem distant or not so kind. Then, you get to know them and you realize that they are very kind, loving and loyal people.

The bottom line is that we never truly know a person. We really never know their inner thoughts, fears or insecurities. We might not even know their dreams and hopes. Like the saying goes... "Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." (Plato?)

My challenge for today is to remember that nothing is ever what it appears to be. Good or bad...

I don't know why I thought this was a good picture for this post. It just seemed fitting...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments...it's always good to hear from you!