Joshua 24:15

...choose you this day whom ye will serve...but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Set Your Affections

I have to admit, 2011 ended on something of a sour note. Without going into details, let's just say that when people do things with the intention to hurt...well, it usually does. Sadly, I let some incidents get to me and instead of pondering all the wonderful blessings of the year I ended up focusing on all the trials I had experienced through out the year.

In my sadness, I cried out to the Lord (sometime around 2am when I had insomnia)...

fast forward...

This post was started on January 1st. Some short days later I would get the call that my grandfather had passed. It is now MARCH 1st! WHERE oh! WHERE did the time go?!

It has been two months since this post was started. Approximately two months since I flew out to be with my family and bury my grandfather. Two months to ponder...life and death. I'm sure there is a lot more I still need to learn, experience and be grateful for. The truth is that "life" really isn't that complicated. Live a life that is honoring to God. Period. BUT, we tend to get in the way. Our selfishness and inner desire to be first, to not be wronged, to come out on top, to have the most/best toys, to have the perfect family. Our pride gets in the way. It's conquers us, like a determined hiker conquers Mt. Everest. It takes over our lives, like the mold on that sandwich you left in the fridge some...umm..weeks ago. Eww! And we forget the beauty of JUST LIVING. Of JUST LOVING. ACCEPTING. ENCOURAGING. LAUGHING. BUILDING BRIDGES. BUILDING MEMORIES. And most importantly, sharing the truth about a Christ who came to shed His blood, die on a cross, and RISE. He should be the one to conquer our hearts. He's the only one who can wipe away every earthly desire and put our hearts back together. And when we allow Him to do this He rebuilds our hearts inserting into the very core of it a desire for HIM!

This year I have set my affections on Christ. Already, I have failed. God has allowed some things into my life and I have not responded how He wanted me to. But, in the moments I have come to Him and asked for another chance...He has given it to me. I'm so glad I serve a LIVING God and Saviour. (can I just say... *phew*)

These pictures are a reminder to me... Life is like a vapor. La vida se va como el viento.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments...it's always good to hear from you!