Joshua 24:15

...choose you this day whom ye will serve...but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Heart Stopping Moment

Have you ever had one of those moments...you know the kind...

A while ago I wandered upstairs to take care of some small chores. Ivana was playing with her baby doll and didn't want to come with me. It was feeding time and her baby was in the middle of lunch. :) After I finished what I came to do I sat for a few minutes to finish a blog entry I had started some months ago (see previous post). After a while I didn't hear any sound coming from downstairs. As most moms, I headed downstairs, hamper in hand because every good mom ALWAYS has something to do on the way to do something else. I loaded the washer and started out to look for Ivana. I thought she had wandered into the basement to get a toy. I called out. No answer. I did a quick sweep of the downstairs and...nothing. Checked the doors. All locked. Headed upstairs. Nothing. The only room I didn't check was hers because the baby is asleep in there. So I headed downstairs again. Nothing. This time I went into the basement into all the corners. Nothing. By this time I was imagining her near the water heater passed out. Or in the garage helplessly caught in something. In my trek I must have passed the couch several times. So I was headed upstairs again...heart in my throat...she must have snuck into her room and fell asleep.

Well...she was asleep alright. As I was passing the couch to head upstairs AGAIN...there she was...

Clearly, it's nap time.

2 comments:

  1. Denise RodriguezMarch 1, 2012 at 1:51 PM

    Oh Janet...we have ALL had that moment :) I enjoyed reading this and will be reading through others

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a mother, I have learned to ALWAYS listen to that "little voice" that says "Go check." Thankfully, your little one was safe asleep. I had incidents with both of my girls when they were each very young where I heeded the prompting of that voice (no doubt, the Lord) and probably saved their lives. These are the moments that cause those pesky grey hairs! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments...it's always good to hear from you!