Joshua 24:15

...choose you this day whom ye will serve...but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15

Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Reflection

2011 brought us many blessings. Among them, the birth of our son, Juan Andres! He is truly a beautiful, happy little soul. We are thankful for his safe arrival. He is the perfect addition to our crew.

We started the year off in a new church and have made several friends who have truly been a blessing and an encouragent to our family in many ways that they will probably never know. I am thankful for these people because I know, without a doubt, that God placed them in my life with the intent to be a light. It's no coincidence that our church theme this year was "Let Your Light Shine." I have been on a spiritual roller coaster this past year...trying to discern between right and wrong and untangle a web of spiritual oppression that I had been living. I know that Christ is much more, and much bigger than the picture that had once been painted. I know this because I have experienced it first hand. Sometimes, all He wants is to hear our cry. I have learned that it is in our lowest moments that Jesus can truly carry us and teach us!

We were blessed many times over financially. When I look back I realize that there is no way we should have made it sometimes. Yet, the scriptures clearly tell us that our Father owns the cattle on a thousand hills...and He provided EVERY TIME!

Despite many sicknesses that hit us hard this year, we are ending the year in good health. I always count my blessings extra hard in this area because I know it could be a lot worse. I am thankful that God has protected our children from serious health issues.

I've learned a lot of things about myself this year. The most important thing is that I am not alone. Even when my husband is away, I miss my family, illness plagues my family or a "friend" turns out to be yet another foe...Christ is unchanging. Even when loved ones turn their back on me, friends I once believed were genuine, giants I looked up to squash me...Christ is unchanging. When my heart hurts because my children are bullied or because I can't answer the real questions they have for me about faith because...well...I just don't know enough to have all the answers...Christ is unchanging and He has never left my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments...it's always good to hear from you!