Joshua 24:15

...choose you this day whom ye will serve...but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15

Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Sew-Sew Kind of Summer

I love, love, love to sew. The problem? I'm not very good at it - haha!

I can do some very basic straight-line stitching. I know my way around my sewing machine. This past fall I even taught myself to sew sleeves. And thanks to YouTube I learned how to make an awesome pleat! Someone once told me that the hardest part about sewing is reading a pattern. Boy, were they right!!!! Thanks to a very nice lady from our church I learned how to read a pattern and can do an ok job. I usually call her to ask her questions though. =) I recently discovered "tutorials." Basically, people blog about their projects and show you step by step how to do it - and they include PICTURES!!!! So, of course, I'm hooked.

I spent the summer altering clothes for the girls (still have a little bit more of that to do) and a little project for my little Ivana. Since her and the baby will be sharing a room we went with a theme that was "neutral." Water. More specifically, surf. =) Seeing as we just can't seem to get California out of our systems we went with a Southern California Beach/Surf theme. Ivana is still in her toddler bed and probably will be for another year. I was really dreading the thought of buying her a comforter to match the baby's set. A friend of mine suggested I make a comforter cover for her existing comforter. A great idea! Saved me lots of money!!!

Above is my project and a couple of pictures of the nursery. I'll post more when we are completely finished with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments...it's always good to hear from you!