Joshua 24:15

...choose you this day whom ye will serve...but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15

Sunday, May 1, 2011

...in sickness and in health

I think this is about the 5th time since December that I have had some kind of chest/throat/sinus infection. That would account for my entire pregnancy! And, of course, it's not just a little infection - it's a zap your last ounce of energy kind of infection.

This last one has finally done me in. Maybe it's just that I have lost focus of all the positive things, or maybe they are just blurred behind the constant coughing, pain (in all kinds of random places) and lack of energy. Literally, I am having trouble typing this entry because I can't hold my arms in this position for too long - not painful, just exhausting (ACHOO - did I mention the sneezing!?) And it's not even the type of infection that hits you one day, throws you down the next and then you spend the next day to day and a half recovering. OH NO it's the sore and achy one day. More sore and achy the next. Fever the day after. More sore and achy. Coughing starts. Sneezing starts. Lack of focus. Fever. Zero energy. And on and on it draaaaggggsssss. I'm on day FOUR and there are no signs of recovery yet.

SO. Last night I lost it. I felt horrible - and that was after an entire day of sleeping, resting and only getting up to cook a meal or two for the family. When I woke up at 9:30 PM I decided I would shower before going to bed (yes you read that correctly). On my way out of the bathroom I started feeling really hot. I thought maybe it was the flannel jammies. And in about 20 minutes time I unraveled. Everything negative or "bad" that we have encountered in the last 9-12 months overwhelmed me. I was in tears and literally sobbing uncontrollably. I was in pain - my head, my face, my ribs (from all the coughing) - EVERYTHING HURT, even my heart. So my husband - probably not sure what in the world had happened to his wife - steps into caretaker mode. He set up the vaporizer, took my temp, got me a cold, wet rag for my forehead since apparently I had a fever, and laid close to me and talked to me to get me to relax and finally fall asleep. This morning I slept like a rock until he came up to tell me they were leaving for church. He had gotten everyone up, dressed and fed! I'm thankful for a man who sticks to his wedding vows. I don't think I tell him that enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments...it's always good to hear from you!