Joshua 24:15

...choose you this day whom ye will serve...but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15

Monday, May 16, 2011

A Dozen Years Later...

and you still give me butterflies.
 Hard to believe that twelve years have passed like sands through an hour glass (not meaning to be cliche). At times, when I look back, it seems like such a loooooong time ago. I think of all we have accomplished - individually and together, the children we have and our 4th on his way, the struggles we have had, the challenges we have faced.

I think of all the happy moments, the WONDERFUL memories of our first years together. We had so much fun making that little house on base our own. I remember our first dog and taking him for walks. I think of all the BEAUTIFUL memories we have of our children. Watching them grow up faster than we can keep shoes on their feet and clothes on their backs. I remember buying our first home, car shopping and most of all the spiritual growth we have both experienced. We have grown so much since those first days at Lancaster Baptist. I am AMAZED that God knew we had to be in that church with those wonderful people to give us the foundation we needed as young Christians and as a young couple. We have stood our ground in the way of standards and doctrine and I DO believe that God is pleased with us.

When I think of all that we have lived in twelve years I realize that the years are starting to mesh together. It really has been a long time, but it has passed so quickly. If we blink we may miss the next twelve years.

I remember the night you said to me that your plans had not changed - you were still joining the Air Force. And I remember committing to you that I would go wherever you go! Even though we feel "stuck" in Ohio - I am still willing to go - as long as you're there - I'm right behind beside you! Happy anniversary (a day late but that's ok) ;) I love you - to the moon and back a gazillion times!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments...it's always good to hear from you!