Joshua 24:15

...choose you this day whom ye will serve...but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Playing at the beach...

Cousins make great friends!
A couple of years ago during a trip back home (Southern California) we took a much needed family portrait. It had been 10 years since our last portrait (at my wedding) and were in need of one badly. We had decided to go out to the beach since it's everyones favorite place to be!! My parents and I drove up and down the coast between Sunset Blvd. and somewhere in Malibu scouting a place. We found a cozy state beach in Malibu, just past Zuma Beach. My favorite memories of the beach growing up are the ones of the Pacific on one side and the canyons on the other. So, Nicholaus State Beach in Malibu it was. We had a very small window of time for our portraits and it was a very chilly day - of course... it was sunset on the Pacific! But we had fun and got some really nice pictures. Afterward, we stopped at McDonald's for dinner to treat the kids for being such troopers!! We also said our good-byes since we were leaving early the next day. =( The above picture was taken on something of a whim. My sister-in-law and I had decided we wanted a picture of the kids all walking on the beach. The kids thought that was a little - well - not so fun. So we got little cooperation. Then someone said, "We're gonna have a race!" We drew a 'starting line' on the sand and off they went! That was my favorite part of the entire session. They loved it!! All that open space to run - nothing like wet sand between your toes. This is my favorite picture of all time!


Building castles in the sand...
This picture says it all. They say "a picture is worth a thousand words." I couldn't agree more! I had always envisioned raising my kids next to my brothers' kids. This is exactly what I had in mind. I have high hopes and aspirations for all these kids. They have so many more opportunities than we ever imagined. For now - I am UBERhappy to see them building castles in the sand, running on the shore, hearing the sounds of their voices and the laughter that makes us all smile and giggle ourselves. Some day they'll be building their dreams and living out whatever it is that God has for them - if all goes as planned - they will remain a part of each other's lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments...it's always good to hear from you!