Joshua 24:15

...choose you this day whom ye will serve...but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15

Friday, March 18, 2011

Life Happens

This week life happened!! All winter we have been battling flu, colds, sinus infections, strep throat and who knows what else that we never could quite figure out. This week the mother load hit! (Yes, I know - normally, one would hit the mother load. But, trust me - IT HIT US!) This week we battled the stomach flu!! Ugh! Some of us got it worse than others and I'm very thankful it didn't hit me hard. I've had it all week, but yesterday was the worse of it. The stomach flu and pregnancies are not a good combination. When I started feeling well enough to eat I felt like I had starved myself for two days!! Two of the girls didn't get it at all and I'm praying that they won't. With Juan heading out of town next week I really don't want us to get sick. Well - that all started Monday.

Saturday our refrigerator stopped working. Thankfully, we have a freezer in the garage so anything that was in our freezer was salvaged. Condiments and some deli stuff was put in our ice chest. Due to some unforeseen car repair expenses, the usual "first of the month payments" and many health and medicine expenses (since December!!!) we couldn't get our fridge fixed this week. The repairman is FINALLY coming today. My sweet husband - since he was feeling better yesterday - spent most of his day cleaning out the fridge. He took out all the drawers and shelves and, umm... left them on the kitchen table. I'm not sure why he did this, but I think he was trying to air out the fridge. So, this morning we came downstairs to the lovely smell of, well --- refrigerator. So I've spent the morning opening windows (both for the smell and to get the sick germs out), lighting candles, spraying with febreeze and putting the fridge back together. I really think we're at the end of our trials, I have hope that God has allowed these little things to teach us a lesson - one that is good and will make us more faithful in our daily walk with Him. I have definitely had a closer walk with Him this week than I have in the last month.

I feel like we're at the end of the roller coaster ride. Surely - we're at the end of the ride, right?

A friend gave me this verse this week and I have been meditating on it:
Romans 5:3-4 "And not only so,but we glory in tribulations also; knowing that tribulation worketh patience; and patience, experience; and experience, hope; And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments...it's always good to hear from you!